The South West Consortium
The Award is offered through the South West Consortium consisting of Plymouth University and the University of Exeter, working in partnership with the local authorities of Bournemouth, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Plymouth, Poole and Somerset. Since 2010 470 SENCOs in the South West Consortium have attained the Award. Our evaluative evidence from SENCOs, headteachers and our external examiners suggests that the Award is having a positive impact on practice, ideas and the achievements of schools and their pupils.
Participant feedback indicates how the programme has supported professional learning and expertise, confidence, engagement with organisational expectations and leadership, teaching and learning and Ofsted evaluation requirements.
- Six taught face to face days
- Local LA context for learning
- Professional learning community through face to face and virtual learning support and resources
- Networking with local SENCOs and sharing good practice
- Allocation to each student a high quality local personal tutor with extensive expertise, knowledge and experience
- High quality formative academic support and detailed written feedback