Plymouth University offers annual Sports Scholarships to students who represent their county nationally or internationally in a recognised sport. The scholarships are renewable subject to the student maintaining an appropriate level of performance.
There are three types of scholarships: Drake, Gold and Silver. The Drake and Gold Award is worth up to £1,500 per year with the Silver Award up to £600 per year. The Drake Scholarship is awarded for marine sports only and is worth up to £1,500.
The successful students can benefit from:
- Funding for competition entry fees
- Travel and subsistence expenses to competitions
- Strength and Conditioning sessions
- Free use of Plymouth University's fitness suite
- Personal programmes and lifestyle management
- Advice and support on diet and nutrition
- Free use of the sports injuries clinic
- Flexible learning
- Coaching and mentoring support