National Scholarship Programme
The National Scholarship Programme is a new initiative aimed at low-income students and funded by both the Government and universities/colleges.
It is a one-year only award and an individual student can receive only one award of a total of £3,000.
The Plymouth National Scholarship Award
Plymouth University has enhanced the government contribution to the NSP scheme, in order to enable more students to access its awards.
Eligible students will receive a total of £3,000 during their period of study at the University, in the form of:
- £1,000 cash to be received in the first year
- £2,000 credit on a 'Campus Card' or equivalent to allow the purchase of items relating to study eg printing, photocopying, catering, childcare at the campus nursery, the cost of accommodation in Halls of Residence.
Application process for 2013/14
In order to assess your eligibility, you will need to have applied for government financial support eg student loans and grants. In making our decision we will need to look at your household circumstances and background. We will only be able to confirm your eligibility for the NSP once Student Finance have finalised and approved your funding application.
If you think the National Student Scholarship Programme is something that you might qualify for, please complete and submit this web form to register your interest for it.
If you are studying a University of Plymouth programme at one of our Partner Colleges, please see the college web pages
for their NSP eligibility criteria and application process.Details regarding the 2014/15 National Scholarship Programme will be announced as soon as it is available.
Information for those in Receipt of the NSP Award
- study the first year of NSP
- gain a better understanding of the student NSP experience
- see what difference the scholarship makes
- help to improve what the NSP is able to offer
We are therefore inviting NSP recipients to participate in this study. Please see the linked pages for more information.
For further information please contact: