Highly competitive with Five GCSEs (C or above) required, including English, Maths and Science. Minimum 300 points (80 must be in a biological or social science, combined AS levels accepted). Other qualifications such as BTEC and Access to HE (45 L3 credits, 15 from Biology or Social Science) in Health/Science are considered. Please enquire for details.
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required
- More information on selecting the right Access course
- Please note: From September 2012 entry, we will not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or mathematics, unless you are studying them as part of an access course
- All applicants must pass enhanced disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course and complete a yearly declaration once on the course. Details of these checks can be found by selecting the link
- If English is not your first language you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below. If you are considering another equivalent qualification, please contact admissions
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 7.0 in the listening and reading sections and at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections
- TOEFL 'internet-based' test (ibt) - 100
- TOEFL Paper test - 600
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further. Here we have provided further information to help enhance your application.
- Students are expected to take placements were allocated.
We have collated frequently asked questions we receive from applicants which is available via the link. We strongly advise you view this page which can help with any further questions you might have about applying.