This degree will equip you with high level mathematical skills and give you the school experience needed to enter teacher training. The high level mathematics of the course and training with professional software mean that many other careers can additionally be open to you. Our emphasis on communications skills has helped many students gain the job they wanted.
The first year of all our degrees is structured to ensure that students with a variety of qualifications acquire a common mathematical expertise. Our Centre for Teaching Mathematics gives us an informed understanding of the latest changes to school mathematics underpinned by their leading research in mathematics education
- You study the same modules as students on BSc Mathematics.
- Modules include calculus, matrices, numerical methods, an introduction to computer software for mathematics and statistics, and probability and statistical inference.
In 2013 the following free eBooks were supplied to our first year students:
- A range of modules gives you further high level mathematical and statistical skills.
- You have the opportunity to work with school children on mathematics enrichment activities.
In 2013 the following eBooks were given to our second year students:
Work placement year (optional)
- An optional placement provides valuable paid professional experience and helps make your CV stand out.
- A placement module offers you real school experience working alongside a mathematics teacher.
- You will also carry out a mathematics education project in an area of your choice.
In 2013 our final year students were supplied with a free eBook of: