Competition for entry into the Publishing industry is fierce. An MA will give students a critical advantage in seeking employment within the sector.
Students graduating with an MA in Publishing from Plymouth University will have the ability to engage with and assess the publishing viability of material, in addition to a real and practical understanding of how a publishing venture is executed, from concept to realisation including production, distribution and marketing.
- Publishing houses/companies – large and small
- Organisations and businesses that produce designed/published outputs
- Independent self-publishing – print / digital
- Graphic design / communication companies, advertising agencies, film/animation studios, media companies
- Editorial and publishing designer/illustrator, editor, art director, design journalist, design critic, academic, researcher, production/marketing/sales manager.
- Past students have gained employment at Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, Wiley’s, David and Charles, Automobile Association Publishing, Dorling Kindersley, Harper Collins and Macmillan Book Publishing Group.