All University accommodation is for single occupancy. If you intend to bring your family, you are advised to look at private rented accommodation in the city, for example with local letting agencies and newspapers/websites.
As in many cities, affordable family accommodation close to the campus can sometimes be difficult to find. With the needs of families being so specific - especially if schools need to be chosen - it would not be practical for the Student Accommodation Team to arrange family accommodation for you.
However, the Student Accommodation Team will be able to:
We will try our very best to provide guidance and information about the type of accommodation you require. When looking for accommodation, it is important to consider:
- provide honest and fair advice when discussing the housing options available to you and deal with any other queries you may have;
- talk about other sources of obtaining accommodation information;
- provide advice regarding any contracts that you have been asked to sign.
- levels of housing benefits vary across the country. Please contact Plymouth City Council for guidance;
- the contract that you sign. Useful advice can be found from a number of sources, the contact telephone number for the Students' Union Welfare Office is listed below;
- you should visit the campus and surrounding area to look at the range of accommodation available.
Plymouth Students' Union: +44 (0)1752 588388
Plymouth City Council Housing Benefit: +44 (0)1752 668000