A YEAR-LONG PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
As well as adding a 150th 'flavour' to our usual calendar of events, we also have a range of special events throughout the year - hopefully 'something for everyone'!
Our 150th anniversary celebrations were launched at the Vice-Chancellor's Enterprise Awards on 15 September 2011, together with a fund raising campaign for 150 new student scholarships, and will be followed by a year-long programme of events and activity.
Highlights have included:
- Peninsula Arts Contemporary Music Festival 'Explore Dream Discover' 10 - 12 February 2012
- Community Research Awards 22 March 2012
- Lord Mayor's Day and Community Open House linking with the Olympic Torch Relay 19 May 2012
- Plymouth Marine City Festival 8 - 16 September 2012
- Opening of the new marine building 10 September 2012
- International Entrepreneurship Educators Conference 12 - 14 September 2012
- Vice-Chancellor’s 150th Anniversary Enterprise Awards 2012 15 September 2012
- 150th Anniversary Service 16 September 2012
And as a memorable finale to our 150th anniversary celebrations, a concert is being planned for October 2012, close to the anniversary date of 24 October. This will feature live performances by some of the artists who have kindly agreed to contribute to a Commemorative CD to mark our special year.